POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : strange coincidental surfaces : strange coincidental surfaces Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:18:37 EDT (-0400)
  strange coincidental surfaces
From: Peter Ketting
Date: 30 Jul 2003 03:28:46
Message: <3f2773ae$1@news.povray.org>
This is the strangest effect I have ever encountered so far. I knew there
had to be the usual grainyness that usualy happens with coincidental
surfaces, but I was not expecting this result. Even changing the first union
to difference will not produce the "normal" effect. It would appear it
hollows out the first two cylinders but leaving their surfaces untouched.

Anyone know why it is doing this?

union{
 union {
  cylinder { <-1, 0, 0>, <-1, 0, 1>, 1 }